Going to Delhi & 2nd Feb

 It is Feb 1, 10:12pm , I'm in "Shramjeevi exp", writing this when all others have started to sleep. My sis sleeping in front of me and mom, dad behind me. Let me tell you the story till here.


Its 31st Jan 2025. Our tickets got converted from WL~20 to RAC just few days ago. 

Today I have my coaching's NEET mock test from 2pm to 5pm (NEET changed to 3hrs). Since syllabus of 11th is not revised, I thought it will just be like previous few tests. I checked the syllabus only to find out that this test has 12th majority with only 2 chaps of 11th Zoo. I had a mixed feeling about my concentration and speed during test. So I need to revise my syllabus fast otherwise i'll keep giving me and my family this excuse for exam going bad. I gave the test, I should've scored ~650 as it was with 12th majority. But I lost to time and I could attempt only 6,7 random questions in entire physics part. Okay I'll try to improve in Delhi where I'll be giving mocks online.

I came home, ate, shampooed my hair mildly, went for haircut, came back, cut my beard, went to bathe. This was 2nd time in a row that the Barber who cuts my hair better out of the two was busy cutting someone else's and my hair was cut very badly this time by the other barber. He cut asymmetrically in the front.


When it was 10pm after all this, started keeping things in big bags we take for traveling. Put mobiles and power bank to charge. I then turned on my computer to backup media to G-Photos. Then turned off after some time. Started uploading to Photos with mobiles (mine and mom's). While doing it, I got little emotional 😭 about leaving this home which has everything I need. I also got emotional about my dog multiple times but under control. 

When it was done (only pics not vids) after a long time, I had to download and upload some pdfs on computer. I tried but didn't happen. Luck didn't favour. They weren't getting downloaded. It was 4am now. My sis had went to sleep. Sometimes fam members woke and asked me to sleep, how do I explain them its important to do that! I decided I'll do it in Delhi or train. 

When I was just going to sleep, mom woke up. We 2 together started preparing for the journey in a little hurry as It was 5 am now of 1 Feb 25. We had our train today. After some packing I went to sleep for 1hr but slept for 2.5hrs from 5 to 7:30am. I woke up hearing others talk. I brushed my teeth, trimmed my pet dog's paw hair. Changed my clothes. Trimmed by dog's nails. No one will be there to cut it for the next 2 months 😭. Surprisingly, my dog didn't resist me cutting his nails much (just a little) unlike before. He might have sensed I'm going maybe. I also took him for a short running session in my apartment's open ground. We came back up. Finished with packings and in a little hurry I ordered the auto from an app. It came after sometime. I made him wait for sometime due to which the app showed we had to pay few rupees extra (4-5rs).

We had total 6 bags (big+small). Kept 2 in back of auto rest 4 in sitting area. We reached the train station. I had to pay the auto 93rs but I paid 94. "Hamara dil boht bada h."

We while going to the platform learnt how to navigate in the station. We were not late. We waited 15-20mins before train came. Till then we talked about many things. 

An incident of dad's shoes being stolen from a station famous for such things.

Dad and his brothers used to travel not in sleeper but in General coach while traveling to Delhi, which was and is full of people, 300 people sit where a capacity is of 50 people. Once my uncle did quite an impossible task of bringing home all things he had in Delhi to my city in a general coach!! The things were many and took large space. I'm happy to be born in this Gen πŸ™‚. We discussed my return train booking and I started doing the process of booking myself. But suddenly our train came.


All people started gathering around the gates, we managed to get in and find our seats. Since it was RAC, we had side lower berths. I realised that except while sleeping, RAC's side lower is so better than normal. Mom dad sat together and we siblings together. the two seats were adjacent. I talked to my grandpa at home too on call. 

Our journey starts!! Wohoo!

Train was going in the direction of our home.

During the day time I saw many farms, open lands all filled with crops, yellow flowers . I took many pics too. Mom kept giving us some or the other things to eat (like at home). We decided that we will book the train tickets for my return early. We had some mild heated arguments at a point on train about booking it. 

Knowing from my past experience that there will be no one staying up in the night to protect our luggage I decided to sleep when others were up so that I could stay up when they were asleep. I tried sleeping. It to me sometime to sleep. Sister was reading Biology. 

When I wake up I see some extra people near my berth. 2 uncles sat on our seat since it had some space after i sat straight up after sleeping. No one in my family travelling in the train liked it. Mum and dad came but couldn't help much. I had more anger towards the uncle sitting near my sis, he seemed to be more stubborn than the one sitting near me. I kept thinking "Over-population is the cause of all this" and that it wasn't just a fault of those uncles. A little later TTE came, I realized why those uncles went away along with some others a little before. Again I tried sleeping. Some other people (crowd) came a little after (Oh God!). I won't talk much about this topic anymore. 

It was night, lights were turned off sooner than I expected. People started sleeping. I was sleeping for some time and then woke up and let my sister sleep. I decided I would wake up at around 12am but I woke at 9pm ig. I started getting a little bored, I saw outside world thinking "I am getting to see and travel so many places in such a short time, I should enjoy". After some time, I had cycles of doing nothing and writing blogs, till 1am. My sis woke up a few times for a few seconds and slept again. Later in Delhi I got to know that she thought I was doing entertainment stuff on phone all night. I started sleeping slightly around 1am and my sis woke up a little to ask if I was sleepy. She woke up completely (I think) after I told her YES. I slept for 2hrs, till 3am. I saw my sis sleeping slightly, asked her to sleep as I was up now. She slept. Mom came 1-2 times after that to me to check if everything was okay with us and luggage we had underneath us. She and dad also slept after that I guess. I was up. Waiting for train to reach Delhi in a about an hour. I saw google maps many times. I came to know by map that when I was asleep before 3am, train had went very close to one of my cousin's college in Ghaziabad. 

We we reached Noida, Ghaziabad, etc., some people started leaving the train. I remember some of their faces till now. Between 4-5am we reached Delhi and all started to rush out. We, knowing that it was the last station for the train, did not. We took out our footwears, which were buried deep inside the space under our seats by others' luggages. We took all 6 bags we had ensured everything was taken, then went out of the train. 

We were now in DELHI!!

Before entering the metro station we were kept waiting along with many others. Asking about directions and places, we went inside metro. It was so new to us. All 4 of us were so confused. What is Yellow line, Airport line, pink line?????

We saw a long queue of people for tickets. Mom and Dad went there and in some time got the tickets (tokens) for metro to Uttam nagar east. My brain had started to try to understand signs symbols apps of Delhi metro. We went to Uttam nagar east by metro, I was constantly checking on DMRC website about metro, platforms, etc. We reached our destination metro station. There were exits on two sides. Mom and Dad (as usual) asked some officials which way to go. They said they didn't have any idea about it. We observed that sun rises late in Delhi (It was around 7 am).

We went out through one exit. Took us some time and much effort to go to the destination pillar. We went to the office, it was closed. We kept calling. The man picks up and guides us to where I had to stay. Dad goes to find the place. Rest of us being very tired sit at a place. Little longer than expected, Dad came and took us to a room. We saw the room was very small. We talked about room and other stuff. Then some of us slept.

After waking up, Dad and I went to that Man's office. Talked him about stuffs. Came back and saw Mom and sis along with a maid. We talked. I wanted to make everything go faster so began asking them to go out and travel Delhi. 

Arrived Delhi: 2nd Feb

Traveled to famous tourist spots: 2nd Feb

Went to meet our relatives in Delhi: 3rd Feb.

2nd feb:-  We went first to Rajiv chowk. We saw people dancing, singing, doing some stunts, flexing muscles (shirtless) in Cannaught place. Also sat there for some time.

Then went to see so many shops (crowded) around Cannaught place. Then went to India gate (nearby). While going there, walked for some time (tired a little) and then took an auto. It dropped us to India gate. We ate some fast food (street food) there. I & sis had burger. Went close to India gate and the statue nearby. Took many pics. 

While returning, we took path suggested by me (maps) as a result of which we had to travel a long distance by foot (>1.5km) from India gate to nearest metro station (as per what I saw on maps), Central Secretariat.  

It was tiring for my family not much for me.

On Dad's suggestion we sat and rested a little on the grass nearby. Again started walking. All 3 of them were cursing me in mind or in person πŸ™‚πŸ˜…. 

We took tickets for our destination metro station. All being tired, wanted to sleep. Ate food at the room, served by mom. Dad & I went to sleep in another room (not ours but empty) & Mom and sis slept in my room. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh this social problem!

List of problems with mom

6th may 2025